Thank you for taking the time to read our posting guidelines. These rules have been created for the health and safety of everyone in our group and to preserve our culture.
It is also to help people quickly access support they may need and also feel like they have a place that is a sanctuary to freely talk about their mental health.
If in doubt please use the keywords, Admin, Mod, Moderator or @ directly to an admin or mod for assistance, please seek assistance from us first before engaging in problematic posts so you avoid potentially breaking the posting guidelines and rules also. Thank you!
Last update: 19/9/20
(some rules guidelines credit to freelancertools.com)
Rule #01: Use the English language only
- The official and only language used in the ‘We have ADHD’ peer support group is English. So all original posts, links, videos and memes – literally anything you share needs to be in English language. If you can provide a true translation then the removal of post might be considered but all post or comments not in English will be automatically removed by admin or mods.
— Please try search in Facebook or Google if you are looking for groups in your native language, we are sorry we cannot accommodate you but want to encourage you to still reach out for help, or even try use a translator if you must reach out in English so we can do our best to converse with you.
Rule #02: Perform Google searches as well search the Group before asking your questions
- We’re not where you start with your efforts, but we’re where you come after you’ve tried all your search efforts on Google.
- If you tried to solve/search for your issues and find answers to your questions before you came here please put all your findings in the post, e.g. you performed Google search for themes/plugins before you asked for recommendations and you listed all your findings in your question/post.
- When you write e.g. that you did “everything” to find the answer – it is just a general term and in fact it means “nothing” as you gave none usable information. Maybe you don’t have “time” or you don’t have “will” to write what did you do so why we all others would have to give our time to help you out? Think carefully how to phrase and justify your questions and members engagement to help you out without generalized terms like I did “everything, all possible”, search for days…” and similar nonsense terms.
- It’s highly encouraged to search previous posts in the Group for answers to your questions and check pinned post with initial instructions. If you post your question & it’s already been answered, one of the admins could post a link to the previous question & close off further commenting or (if your question was very simple & redundant) it won’t be answered at all and maybe deleted.
- Anything mods or admin deem to be a double up will have an instruction post to redirect the conversation to an existing thread and comments will then be turned off.
Rule #03: Ask questions only related to the Group’s topic(s) or share your knowledge with others
- For additional pointers on Group’s topic(s), check Group’s description as well.
- Off topics (anything not related to this group) will be removed at the discretion of the admins/moderators, various <rants> included.
- Start new topics in their own thread, not as a comment on someone else’s thread.
- Informational posts are allowed as long as: they are not self-promotional posts with intention to sell, and they must have your short personal introductory text written (not just copy-paste link in the group).
Rule #04: Be very descriptive in your questions providing the website’s link and/or screenshot(s), where it’s warranted
- Create a thorough question describing your issue and telling us what you’ve tried and your results (Do Rule #02). In that way, we can potentially point you to other possible solutions without a lot of wasted back-and-forths and you will ensure that you receive the fastest and the most accurate responses from Group members.
- Do NOT add an image just “for attention.” Only add an image if it’s relative to the question you’re asking.
Rule #05: Play nice– keep conversations civil – THINK
- Members are encouraged to express their opinions openly and honestly without fear of rejection, but without generalizing (e.g. “usage of ultimate word in the posts’ topics is lazy, incorrect and very presumptuous, its an obvious cheap tactic to bait in leads”) or using “heavy” and insulting words.
- There will be zero tolerance for any form of bullying anybody whatsoever: we understand that people disagree on occasion, but we won’t tolerate members disrespecting each other. No personal attacks, no irony/sarcasm. If you don’t like something, ignore it! No antagonists or “haters” are allowed. Avoid making negative comments about someone’s grammatical or spelling errors. It is frowned upon and may subject you to being temporarily muted or banned without warning.
- If a disagreement arises, members should use links to reference their point of view instead of simply arguing an opinion of disagreement. No cursing/bad words in the group for any reason. Members that are suffering rude & bullying behaviour/comments/attacks/insults from other members MUST report such rude comments to Groups’ admins for the final ruling without answering in the same (rude) way to those members/in the discussion, if they want to avoid punishment for their rude answers as well.
— Do not pile on.
- Read other responses/comments before you write your response.
- Put as many thoughts or comments as possible in 1 reply, NOT 1 idea per line in sequential order, one after other (hint: use SHIFT+ENTER).
- You mustn’t block admins if you want to be part of the Group.
- Be kind and courteous. We’re all in this together to create a welcoming environment. Let’s treat everyone with respect. Healthy debates are natural, but kindness is required.
- Please do not use profane, defamatory, offensive or violent language.
- Please do not “troll” or post deliberately disruptive statements to hijack comment threads or throw discussions off-track.
- Please do not post inappropriate content that does not contribute to the purpose of our online community.
– this is a peer support group, led by peers.
We encourage the ‘THINK’ approach to posts and comments:
Is it True?
Is it Helpful?
Is it Inspiring?
Is it Necessary?
Is it Kind?
8. NO med shaming
Respect that everyone decides to look after their well being in their own way. Admin will not tolerate coercing or medshaming of any kind. No anti-science/anti-medicine debates thank you – we are here to support each other, this is not the forum for those type of conversations.
9. NO trolls or shit posting profiles
We have ADHD is a mental health support group. We the admin, take that seriously. Mental health is serious. People deserve dignity and respect. Trolls will be banned.
- The exception to a fake profile is that we understand for your privacy you may be using an obviously fake name on your profile and we completely understand that – this rule isn’t about you
- What is “shit posting”: The constant posting of mildly amusing but usually unfunny memes, videos or other pictures that are completely random or unrelated to any discussions.
- any meme posts may be removed at moderators or admins discretion – it will be explained in a message if it is required.
10. Harassment hate speech or bullying is not tolerated
- Make sure everyone feels safe. Bullying of any kind isn’t allowed. Hateful or discriminatory comments about race, ethnicity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, gender, disability, identity or political beliefs will not be tolerated. Stalking or harassment of other group members will not be tolerated.
- Guidelines for talking about religion: You are welcome to talk about your faith in the comments as part of your identity. But as a topic of debate and telling others what to do is not. Please respect we are a diverse group from all over the world.
— PLEASE KEEP POSTS RELATED TO ADHD & PEER SUPPORT, it’s that simple.
11. No promotions or spam
Give more to this group than you take. We strictly do not allow sharing or resale of prescription medications or promotion of any illegal drugs. Spam and irrelevant links aren’t allowed and advertising or self-promotion is not permitted without admin’s permission.
- Serial group invites will be considered spam
12. No explicit content or content that violates copyright or intellectual property rights
Please do not post or engage in links or comments containing sexually explicit content material or illegal activity. Please do not violate copyright or intellectual property rights or content that relates to confidential or proprietary business information.
Do not post any imagery relating to animal abuse or anything considered explicitly graphic or upsetting to more vulnerable members. Use the THINK guideline.
13. Respect everyone’s privacy
Authentic, expressive discussions make groups great, but may also be sensitive and private. Please bear in mind that members often find themselves in challenging and vulnerable situations and being part of this group requires mutual trust. What’s shared in the group stays in the group, participation and the information shared is strictly confidential. It is not appropriate to use information from this group in a work or personal setting. If you have any concerns, please contact the admins or an appropriate agency (if there is a genuine risk concern). Please do not collect private information without disclosure.
14. No Bemoaning – it’s not healthy, give more than you take, ask for workarounds.
Rule #06: Content Warnings/Trigger Warnings
If you are worried that your post may be triggering for others, you MUST use this format:
You may be asked to edit your post by admin or mods. It is nothing personal, it is simply just about keeping our peers in mind.
Rule #07: Drugs/Alcohol (etc)
- All posts relating to addiction, self medication or alternative medicine needs to be listed with a CW or TW for the respect of other members in the group.
- Please check the Group Topics to ensure your question regarding topics like CBD is not a double up, double up’s will either be deleted or have commenting turned off.
- Admin and Moderators do not tolerate any comments encouraging people to disregard professional or medical mental health advice especially regarding to medication, or any comments encouraging the use of illegal substances over professional medical health care. We aren’t here to tell you what to or not to do regarding your own treatment whether you take medication or not, or attend therapy or not, but any intolerance or arguments around this or debates will also result in mutes or bans.
Rule #08: Politics/Religion – Racism, Classicism, Fascism, Ableism, Sexism etc etc
We have ADHD is an intersectional mental health support page. We acknowledge that politics and religion are part of self identity and impact our ADHD and mental health. However – discussion around this needs to relate directly to mental health support. Please observe all our other rules and consider before posting.
Am I adding to a conversation or narrative that needs to be discussed in a peer based environment?
Please see our pinned group posts for further discussion on what is and not acceptable to post around these things. If it is based or centred in hate speech it will not be tolerated. We care about all these matters – but as an international SUPPORT group and because of mental health – trigger warnings and content warnings must be used, and the narrative must be requesting a workaround.
Please appreciate: Some people find these topics incredibly upsetting and triggering – keep that in mind that people come to this group to get away from these topics. Please observe rules around being kind, keeping on topic and bemoaning.
Please be advised that depending on the severity & frequency of your following actions, in cases if you:
- don’t follow the Groups’ rules
- break rules regardless if you do it unintentionally (e.g. you didn’t read the rules) or intentionally (you did it several times)
at the discretion of the Groups’ admins/moderators are the following possible actions (without obligatory sending warnings to members before or after taking following actions), with the clear pointer which Groups’ rule(s) were broken:
- all your posts/comments can be deleted, or/and
- your posts can be put in approval status, or/and
- you can be “muted” for some time, or/and
- you can be removed from the Group(s), or/and
- you can be banned from that group